Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led outdoor display

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuks

Hiii... I am searching for LEDs for my outdoor display with specification :

viewing angle - 120

intensity - 4000mcd

any help for in finding such LEDs will be helpful

Thanks in advance....

Thanks for help but Luxeon has power LEDs and i am looking for THROUGH HOLE LEDs.
So please help me out from this problem

My Luxeon SuperFlux LEDs are through-hole and have 4 pins for better cooling. They have half-intensity viewing angles up to 90 degrees.
Their brightness is so high that it is listed in Lumens.

Attachments

• Luxeon SuperFlux.JPG
    Luxeon SuperFlux.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 118
My Chinese solar garden lights have 5mm LEDs with a shortened case that produces a beam that is almost 180 degrees. The chip is very close to the surface.

You need to use oval LED's.You need to develop the scanning techniques when you design a system for outdoors.Traditional scanning methods like column or row scanning for an entire display isn't a good idea for outdoors.You need divide the entire display into sets & need to do a multi scan.

This is how Chinese do their outdoor displays.Even in bright sunlight you can view them like in dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back