Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED on timer

Status
Not open for further replies.

will4298

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and to DIY electonics!

I have a question that may or may no be difficult for you.

I trade the foreign exchange markets and I'd like to have 4 wall mounted analogue clocks for the different trading sessions. I'd like to somehow, add an LED strip to each clock that would light up green when that particular market is open, red for when it is closed and say blue when it's 30 mins from opening.

My thoughts would be that I would take the casing off of the clock, fix the LED strips around the clock frame to hide them and then set a timer attached to the LED strips to match the clock's time and program the different colours on and off time.

I hope this makes sense and I hope there's people out there who are as bored as me on Christmas Eve to answer!

Happy holidays!

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Will and Happy Holidays.
You should fill out your profile so we know whare in the world you are and introduce your self in the Members Lounge.

I have seen stuff that does stuff like this I will look into it some.

For now why cannt you paint the clock faces.

Welcome to the forum Will and Happy Holidays.
You should fill out your profile so we know whare in the world you are and introduce your self in the Members Lounge.

I have seen stuff that does stuff like this I will look into it some.

For now why cannt you paint the clock faces.

Thanks for the welcome! Happy Holidays to you too!
I shall do that now

What I'm wanting is to have a clock that contains 3 different LED colours.

I'd like:
The green LED to light the clock face at 8am and turn off at 5pm
The red LED to light the clock face at 5pm and turn off at 7:30am
and the blue LED to light the clock face at 7:30am and turn off at 8am

So basically a timer that I'm able to program 3 outputs/LED bulbs.
OR 3 separate timers each controlling their own LED bulb.

Thanks again for the reply!

You can use RBG LEDS all three in the same package.
3-24 hour clocks is harder.
Sounds like a good job for a micro but I am not sure you want to get in to that.
Let me think on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back