Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

led matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

darsh

hi. i want to make a 10x10 led matrix.does anyone know where to buy it ? also is there any chip or driver to run the matrix.

LED matrix with 4017 ICs

You can try using two 4017s matrixed with a 555 timer for a 10 x 10.
But that doesn't stop there. You can cascade a string of 4017s either side to form any size matrix (20 x 20, 100 x 100, 5 x 20, 1 x 100, any size) as long as you have enough power source required to drive all the LEDs with powerful enough transistors. When you get to very large matrixes, you can create images or really cool psychedelic effects which are now popular in the entertainment field.

**broken link removed**

Jeff

thanx. can you please tell me how this system works. i.e which ICs should i use to drive my led matrix .here i am not using any microcontroller.

You'll need a microcontroller if you want to use it to scroll messages. You could try using a MAXIM LED driver IC (SPI or I2C) to directly drive a 14x10 matrix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back