Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED light string switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

diver0604

I am incorporating two 12 v LED light strings into a mirror frame for my bathroom powered by a DC transformer. One string points up, and one down. I purchased a mini toggle on-on-on switch for it that I would be able to turn the down lights on, or the up lights on, or both. As I started to wire it up, I realized that I would backfeed from my middle circuit making the switch useless as both strings would be on all the time. How do I prevent the backfeed on these two light strings, with a Diode? I found this on-line: 1N5818, 1A, 30V Schottky Diodes, would this work, and how should it be wired in? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back