Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED light bulb fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEDUDE

Hello everyone!

I’m new to the forum!

I know I’m taking a long shot here but I’ll ask regardless.

I happen to find this LED bulb. This is all I have of it (please view the pictures).

So please don’t ask me where I got it, who the manufacturer is, what brand, where I purchased it, etc., etc. because Iike I mentioned earlier I have no information about it.

I purchased it for $5 bucks at a yard sale and well I'd like to get it lit up if possible?

The individual did not have any info about it when I asked, told me it was found in a box with several other items not related to it.

From examination it appears as though it is from some sort of light fixture?

What you see in the pictures is all that I have for it.

I have searched the internet hopefully to see if by chance I would find a lamp, light fixture, etc. that was similar that I could reference to but no such luck.

Again that is just my guess at it but really I guess it could belong to just about any type of light fixture?

Basically my question is do you think it would be safe to try and light it up using a voltage variac?

I tried a 3 volt battery as well as a 12 volt battery just to see if I could get anything lit up but again no luck.

I thought about connecting a standard three prong plug to the wires and connecting it directly to an electrical outlet but?

I would bet money though that if it did come from some type of light fixture common sense would say that there was possibly a variable switch, dimmer switch, etc. that controlled the light?

Again, just my guess.

So I would appreciate any one’s suggestion, recommendation, etc. on how to possibly go about lighting it?

Also, just maybe someone here on the forum has seen this particular light bulb fixture and could possibly give me more detailed information about it?

Thanks in advance to all those members here that post their recommendations and or suggestions.

Thanks for allowing me to join the forum and look forward to reading all the responses!
FA222AF8-6373-4876-9D7B-18B66A0C668E.jpeg
07E462C5-332A-4195-87A3-049821F9FBBD.jpeg
B096C028-D0F8-4D6B-AA4D-DFF743823E20.jpeg
7CC9B9EE-F5C9-4FAE-B3BF-81E2E0D27B34.jpeg
6DF556AA-DC8B-4FB4-AA9B-76ED23D443A8.jpeg
71DA8473-69AC-47BD-837E-FEC2F78EFB35.jpeg
BC46B944-2E9F-4747-8E3D-37170D319F03.jpeg

Last edited:
If there is no driver board inside it to insure you dont damage use a boost current limited driver component,
set for starters around 100 mA. They are cheap -

Search ebay, Amazon for "led constant current", make sure its not fixed current but settable.

You probably need to boost to ~ 25+V or more.

If you can get your hands on a variable power supply use it with a current limiting R, say 100 ohms,
and find the V that it starts turning on to help in selecting the boost converter. Or if supply has
current limiting set it for 100 mA with leads shorted. Then attach to lamp and start raising V.

White LED voltage, and you have 7 of them, in series I would guess.

1653301772609.png

Regards, Dana.

Last edited:
The black, white and bare wires look rather like USA 110V AC wiring?

Also, in the photo showing the LED elements, it looks like the locking ring holding the LED section in can unscrew to release it, using the two holes to turn it? A photo of what's attached behind the LEDs could help determine if it has a built in AC supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back