Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

confounded

Hi, i have 3 LEDs which i cannot seem to light.
I have used the diode check on my multimeter and 1 way they show a 1.2v drop and the other no condunction, so i dont think they are blown.
I ran them from 20ma upto almost 40ma and yet no light?
They are clear so i dont know what colour they are, is it possible they require more than 40ma to light or could they be blown and still show 1.2v drop and no conduction reverse?

If you look at them with a digital camera you may be able to see them light. Most digital cameras have some response in the near IR.

Last edited:
I used my webcam to view it and it is Infra red, and i have a pic to prove it! :)
Thanks again.

Attachments

• IMG00001.jpg
    IMG00001.jpg
    226.3 KB · Views: 129
Not some, ALL cmos based digital cameras can see near IR light. Even the best IR filters don't get it all. Just don't got staring into them thinking it's safe cause you can't see it =) If the light is bright enough it will damage your eyes anyways.

The new lenses in my eyes after cataracts surgery allow me to see IR clearly (I can see through thin clothing like a bathing suit). Everybody at the beach look like they are naked!

UV rays don't affect my new lenses.

Make the voltag a little more than 2 make it 3 or 3.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back