Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED in remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

the link between my Samsung DVD player and remote control has stopped working. I was looking at the LED as possibly being faulty.

Are these normal LED's are some special type?

Andrew

They are infrared LEDs, and a simple way to test is to point it at a digital camera, maybe a web cam (don't use one myself), and you should see it flash on the screen, when you press buttons. Check the remote batteries, make sure they are good, and installed correctly. I've got a remote that isn't marked, and batteries can go in either way... On the DVD player, try to locate the receiver, make sure its not dirty or obstructed. LEDs seldom fail...

WOW really embarrassed now. Just discovered that you cannot control a Phillips (not Samsung) DVD player with Samsung remote. Wifey has just passed the correct remote to me. Blush.

WOW really embarrassed now. Just discovered that you cannot control a Phillips (not Samsung) DVD player with Samsung remote. Wifey has just passed the correct remote to me. Blush.

Andrew, it's possibly the buckets and buckets of rain we've had that made you commit such a crime :)

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back