Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED illumination

Status
Not open for further replies.

simpz7

could someone give me/guide me in the right direction for a little project i am trying to do.

i have the output of a transmitter (4-20mA) and i want to use this output to illuminate 3 different LED's.

i am converting this 4-20mA to 1-5volts and what i'd like is for one LED to illuminate when it sees 1v, the other to illuminate at 3v and the other to illuminate at 5v.

any help - i would be very grateful

Liam

You could use an LM3914 Dot/Bar Display Driver. By setting it in the "dot" mode and proper selection of the internal reference voltage and output drivers, you can use it to illuminate your 3 leds (or even more if you like).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back