Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED help

Status
Not open for further replies.

biferi

I am going to be making a Picture and putting an White LED in one spot.

I am looking all over google to find a LED Lumans Chart.
You know to tell me how many Lumans an LED is to say be a Flashlight or how many Lumans an LED is to be a Light Ficture.

I just find how many Lumans to be a Bulb for the House and things like this.

LED are used in Clock Radios and in Flashlights and Lightting Remotes.

But I need a chart to help give me a Guid to how Bright it is.
Thanks

I'm pretty sure LED manufacturers specify the output in lumens in the device specifications. Or is that not what you mean?

• A 100 watt Bulb is rated at approximately 1700 lumens
  • A 60 watt incandescent bulb is rated at approximately 800 lumens
  • A 40 watt bulb is rated at approximately 400 lumens
  • A 25 watt bulb is rated at approximately 180 lumens
  • A 4 watt night light bulb is rated at approximately 20 lumens
From **broken link removed**

Just as a matter of interest, I'm in the process of upgrading most of my lighting to LED.

I've just fitted ten 10W LED 'bulbs' in existing fittings over the last few weeks, replacing 20W CFL ones - they are not only considerably brighter, are nice and 'daylight', but also come on at full brightness - I'm VERY impressed with them (even after I tried to change three in the main living room light, only to find the fitting was ES and not BC :D - so I ordered some cheap ES/BC adaptors from Amazon).

We got LED spots in our kitchen - Mrs got the really expensive ones - about £6 each I think. They goooooodddd....

Those are the ones. The halogen ones never lasted long, and with 4 of them it was a lot of juice for what never seemed like a lot of light. I think the new ones are Phillips but I may be wrong.

Those are the ones. The halogen ones never lasted long, and with 4 of them it was a lot of juice for what never seemed like a lot of light. I think the new ones are Phillips but I may be wrong.

Presumably, like my 'bulbs', the GU10's use about 1/6th the power of the originals (and run much cooler).

lumens is not allways quoted for individual leds, the fitting has an effect, I have noticed that some sellers are enthusiastic about their lumens figures, leds are more commonly quoted in candlepower, to light up an a4 size picture I'd guess you'd need about 10 candle power or 10,000 mcd.

My CFL bulbs work pretty well. Just the ones outside in winter and the 23W ones noticeably take time to brighten when turned on.
I picked 3000k and 3500k color temperatures which are Bright White, not yellow/pink warm white and not blue cool white.

CFL bulbs last for about 5 or 10 years and are inexpensive. It is crazy to replace them with an LED bulb that lasts longer than humans and costs 6 times more unless you are very young and can get a loan.

CFL bulbs last for about 5 or 10 years and are inexpensive. It is crazy to replace them with an LED bulb that lasts longer than humans and costs 6 times more unless you are very young and can get a loan.

Half the price to run, and considerably brighter (so less than half price) - plus no warm up time.

I'm also somewhat dubious about 'lasts longer than humans' :D - the 'claimed' life is >50,000 hours.

I have a spot/flood that takes about 5-10 minutes to reach full brightness in the bathroom. Not sure of it's type. It's kinda a blessing and a curse, but the batch has a LED night light with a dark sensor, Whenever you want to clean the bathroom, you have to turn the light on and wait.

I visited a fried that had CFL's in the basement and in an unprotected fixture and a low ceiling,, typical in basements, my head and the light collided. Not good for the CFL.

One 40 W equivalent LED lamp, I purchased, the envelope was so fragile, it did not make it through shipment.

Two 3-way (3-intensities using 3-way socket) LED bulbs by SWITCHLED have been fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back