Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruznlow

I am putting an alarm in my car and want to add a few more leds. Theres going to be two Leds on each door. I was just going to get blinking Leds but I would like them blink opposit each other. My alarm has a negative output when armed that I plan on using to trigger them.
Thanks in addvance for any help!

kruznlow said:
I am putting an alarm in my car and want to add a few more leds. Theres going to be two Leds on each door. I was just going to get blinking Leds but I would like them blink opposit each other. My alarm has a negative output when armed that I plan on using to trigger them.
Thanks in addvance for any help!

555 astable ckt free running, LEDS gated by alarm signal. Drive one LED on pulse high and other on pulse low so they will alternate.

Logic on LED 1, If alarm is true and 555 pulse is high, LED = on, otherwise off.

Logic on LED 2, If alarm is true and 55 pulse is low, LED = on, otherwise off.

use Cmos parts, whole thing can run on 12V.

Try and come up with the circuit and post if you need more help. Search google for 555 circuits... this forum has abundance of ref designs as well.

Thank you!

Thanks for setting me in the right direction. Ill do more research and post what I come up with!

Thanks agian
Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back