Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led flasher with old transistors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectronMamma

Hello , im going to make a led flasher , but with old transistors like this:
**broken link removed**

I know that old transistors need 12V , to get worked and 0,01 to base , to open transistor ,
but i don't know notfing about how to make a led flasher with old transistor , can someone please make a circuit for old transistors , so i can make one led flasher , or can you make a music to led , so if music plays in my phone , then i plug in wire , like headphones and transistor + led make that led flashing , when music volume is louder ... i hope you understand me , I'm estonian boy ... and i don't speak english very well..

I hope someone can help me , with this,
Kristjan.

Hi Kristjan,

your old transistors certainly have a name printed on them.

They are supposedly 2N3055 or similar.

Asking for help includes to provide as much information as you can give.

Boncuk

Those are power transistors. You might be able to use them, but they're way overkill for the purpose. In other words, all you need is a much smaller transistor, typically something in what's called a TO-92 package. You know, those little plastic-bodied transistors.

Well , i don't got here any of them . I got bigger and one amplifier transistor or whatever it is , i just soldered it out from not working pc amplifier . and got that . those little transistors are hard to get for me , i got one broken radio but , its hard to open the case ... if there is small transistors then i can try to get some ,

Where are you? (Don't know what "ET" means.) I can't believe there's any part of the world where no small transistors are obtainable. Maybe not the exact ones you want, but almost any little NPN "jelly-bean" transistor will work here.

For that matter, since you're salvaging parts anyhow, I'm sure you can find some of those in the things you're unsoldering. Test them to determine their polarity and pinout, and you're in business.

Last edited:
You don't need nor do you want transistors the size of your fist to blink a few LEDs. I believe that has been covered. All you need to do to alternately blink a few LEDs is build up a simple two transistor bi-stable multivibrator circuit. Here are a few examples. However, before you worry about making a LED blink or flash using a transistor circuit I would suggest you begin reading a little about transistors in general. The point being, unless you understand what a transistor is doing in any circuit and how it works, blinking LEDs are a waste of time.

Ron

Here's a simple LED flash circuit (simulation) using 2N3055 transistors, which are similar to those you have.

Attachments

• LED_Flash.gif
    LED_Flash.gif
    20.9 KB · Views: 201
Where are you? (Don't know what "ET" means.) I can't believe there's any part of the world where no small transistors are obtainable. Maybe not the exact ones you want, but almost any little NPN "jelly-bean" transistor will work here.

For that matter, since you're salvaging parts anyhow, I'm sure you can find some of those in the things you're unsoldering. Test them to determine their polarity and pinout, and you're in business.

Hi carbonzit,

ET stands for Estonia, aka Estland. It's located at the East Coast of the Baltic Sea.

The great discrete humble flip flop circuit.

I have some of those in use for 30 years and still work 24/7 on an alarm circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back