Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led driver for 8x seven segment displays

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm building a power supply with an embedded voltage/current meter. Out of all the multimeter I've seen they always have 4digit resolution.

I have two separate outputs coming off a centre tap transformer. Therefore I require a voltmeter for each. So that means I have 8 seven segment displays.
Each of them uses 3.3v @ 5ma. I'm planing on using 5v for my driver. Is this suitable MAX7221CNG+? If not could you recommend me one that I can iterface easily with my arduino

Ds: **broken link removed**

Also am correct in thinking the led driver is just a regulated power supply for leds?
Do I need a resistor for every segment of the display?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back