Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED driver efficiency vs efficiency of converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifahaywire

i'm making an LED driver starting from the mains 240Vac (fullbridge) then to a converter and then to the LEDs.
i'm having trouble of differentiating between the LED driver efficiency and the converter efficiency.
can anyone help me?:confused:

You'd have to input the schematic and components into a simulator, or otherwise empirically measure from your created circuit where power is being used.

i'm having trouble of differentiating between the LED driver efficiency and the converter efficiency.
can anyone help me?:confused:

Many people use the words 'driver' and 'converter' interchangeable.
I assume you want to get from 240AC to LED current efficiently.

Here is a application note for a 10 watt LED from 240vac.

You'd have to input the schematic and components into a simulator, or otherwise empirically measure from your created circuit where power is being used.

i tried measuring it empirically. i wanted to try it in simulation as well as using the hardware. it's just that i was confused on how.

Many people use the words 'driver' and 'converter' interchangeable.
I assume you want to get from 240AC to LED current efficiently.

Here is a application note for a 10 watt LED from 240vac.

thank you!! i shall use this one as a guideline for my project :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back