Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED dining table circuit, how it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main problem that I'm having with this circuit is that I don't understand completely how a photo-diode works. I would like to build a working example of this and put it into an electric guitar.

The other main problem is that I tried to put the 14 LEDs in series and none of them lit up, so I think that the problem might be that they used high efficiency LEDs in the schematic.

Any help on this topic would be appreciated.

**broken link removed**

Link to construction documentation

It's also not that sensitive, I would like to make it more sensitive like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
A red LED uses about 1.8V. A blue or white LED uses about 3.5V. So 14 of them in series use about 25V to 49V. If the opamps have a plus and minus 15V supply then red ones should light. Blue or white LEDs will not light unless there are only 7 in series on each side.

Photodiodes work two different ways:
1) They can have a reverse voltage then "leak" current when exposed to light.
2) They can generate a current (like a tiny photo-cell) when exposed to light like in your circuit.
Their polarity must be as shown!

thats a cool setup would love to build one myself, where did you get the diagram ? the website seems to only sell the stuff, do we have a part number for that photodiode (never used one myself)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back