Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led dimmer 12v caravan

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSwede73

Hi!

I need some help in buildning a simple dimmer for led, running of the 12 v caravan battery.
I think i need a PWM dimmer?

What i need is a dimmer that could different number of led spotlights.
when working with PWM dimmers, can they dim an infinate number of led lights? or are they as "normal" dimmers restricted to a certain amount of Watts...

Stupid question maybe....

i need a couple of them, one dimming 6 x G4 LED, one for 3..etc...

Thanks in advance! :) Thankful for all help!
/Anders, Sweden

From this **broken link removed**, remove the 470uF capacitor completely (and the fan of course) and add as many LEDs as you may...

Cool!

I hope i can understand everything in the schematic...but i can learn :)

And the best thing..its going to be dirt cheap! and i might blow up the caravan, but that is also a lesson! :)

I will get back to you when im sitting over my breadboard crying :)

Thanks!!

Be sure and add the proper resistor value is series with each LED to give the LED current you want at 12V (unless the spotlight has one built-in). Otherwise it's bye-bye LED.

The led's are G4 ready made for 12 v and spotlight fitting... clusters of 19 leds on a board with resistors and driver, that would be ok?

No i meant that the Led board already has resistors on it, its bought finished to replace the halogenbulb.. so its 12v, plug and play....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back