Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED circuit system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luding

Hi everyone,

I need some assistance in creating an LED circuit system for car taillights. i am doing an LED taillight conversion and i am strucked with a problem.

Most of you would already know how the taillight works. When u have the parkers on, the taillights turns on dimly, and when you hit the brakes, the taillights turn on full blast. thats what im trying to accomplish with LEDs.

There are 2 power sources in the taillight, 1 for the parkers and 1 for the brake lights. Lets assume the parkers power is 6v and the brakes are 12v.

how would i circuit them up so that when parkers are turned on, the LEDs are light up slightly using the 6v power source, and when i hit the brakes, the 12v circuit will kick in to put the LEDs on full blast without burning out the LEDs because the LEDs can onli take a maximum of 12v.

and during daytime driving, i would also like to have the brakes on full blast when without the parkers being on.

Thanks for your help in advanced.

thanks for your suggestion

but i was trying to avoid that because the relay would flick whenever u press the brakes, which would create an ultimately annoying click sound when u take the brakes. another problem is, when the relay is changing circuits, it would cause the LEDs to blink out for a very brief moment. Im trying to go for , increasing brightness effect, instead of the blink n brighter effect.

What type of signal do i get (in the tail light module)when the parkers are on and when the brakes are hit?

Commercial LED tail lights for trucks use two different resistor values for the tail and brake/turn circuits inside the light housing. Don't quote me, but I think values of the resistors are 220 and 470 OHMS inside the commercial units. With the higher value being on the tail circuit and the lower on the brake circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back