Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED chaser/sequencer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space-Ace

I'm looking for an 8-channel multiple pattern LED chaser/sequencer. I've searched and found different chasers, but none do exactly what I want. I would like it to have a pattern select button, a second button that reverses the current pattern, and a pot to change speed. I found this project:

8 Channel PWM LED chaser

Unfortunately, it doesn't have a reverse-pattern button or pot to change speed. Can this be modified so it has these buttons?

Canakit sells one that has the functions that I need, but the board is too big. On their website, it says they can modify or customize kits for you, but I wrote to them twice and didn't get a reply.

So, does anybody know where I can find a chaser like this? It needs to be run by batteries. The smaller the board the better.

Thank you.

I'm looking for an 8-channel multiple pattern LED chaser/sequencer. I've searched and found different chasers, but none do exactly what I want. I would like it to have a pattern select button, a second button that reverses the current pattern, and a pot to change speed. I found this project:

8 Channel PWM LED chaser

Unfortunately, it doesn't have a reverse-pattern button or pot to change speed. Can this be modified so it has these buttons?

Canakit sells one that has the functions that I need, but the board is too big. On their website, it says they can modify or customize kits for you, but I wrote to them twice and didn't get a reply.

So, does anybody know where I can find a chaser like this? It needs to be run by batteries. The smaller the board the better.

Thank you.

The chaser that you linked to is PIC based so I seriously doubt it can be modified to do what you are asking without being re-programmed. And, if you are going to go through the trouble of doing that, then you might as well make your own from scratch exactly how you want it. If you are unfamiliar with PIC programming or circuit design there are many here who can help including myself. I have made several similar projects before and I'm certain I can do what your asking. PM me if you're interested.

The kit for the chaser is only $20.00 and it is very easy to change the effects once you have put the kit together.
Simply write your own program. You know what the outputs are and the rest is simply a program with delays. I have lots of sample programs on my website for chasers etc.
You may get the effect you want in the 35 routines contained in the PIC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back