Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

led chaser help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

awol

i would like to buy or build a 8 led chaser
9v -15v
hard to explain but i need 8 led's in a row with it lighting 4 & 5 first then 3 & 6 then 2 & 7 then 1& 8 till they are all lit, so for each pair to stay on till they are all lit ,then for it start again,i dont want any switch's , so it can work as soon as a power supply is introduced, would be handy to have a pot in circuit to adjust speed ,
any ideas is this possible can i buy it or has anyone got a wiring diagram for it
many thanks
awol

thanks for the link
it shows 5 led 's
i need eight ( 4pairs to light in turn)
is there any speed adjustment there
sorry i am new to this

The circuit colin linked to used 10 LEDs as 5 pairs of 2. The last stage could be dropped giving you the 8 LEDs you want. Just modify the circuit. The circuit is driven by a 555 timer configured as an astable multivibrator. The frequency can be made variable by replacing one resistor with a pot in the 555 circuit so again just modify the circuit.

Ron

thanks for the reply
do i remove and fit the pot where that resistor is at number 6 and 7 at the 555
would they be 12v leds
sorry for the newbee questons
will have to sort out a parts lists thanks

have ordered the parts
figured out they are 2v red LED'S
dont understand what makes them go off in sequence though
anyone enlighten me
thanks

hi colin

i wanted to create a smile in leds
the middle 2 to come on then the next pair and so untill they are all alight

how do they light up in the diagram attached by you
thanks
keep smiling

Last edited:
ok its a langauge thing ie slang like when you say a firework has gone off. it does not mean it has gone out it means it exploded / lit up /took off etc

have edited previous post

keep smiling
thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back