Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Bulbs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

acer

I am a idiot at doing this kind of thing but wanted to start learning...Anyone wish to tell me how to get started on how to fix a few LED on the circuit...

Thanks in advanced

If you're going to ask advice on fitting some LEDs into a circuit, you're first going to need to give us an idea of the circuit which you're hoping to modify otherwise nobody will be able to advise you.

Brian

I dont exactly understand your question. Are the LEDs fried and you want to fix them? because this isnt possible, you can only replace broken LEDs you cant fix them...
And if you want to place some Leds on a circut you have to give us more information if you want us to be able to help.
What kind of LEDs? Where do you want to place them?

If you just want to make a LED light, then connect a 1k resistor to the + end of a 9 Volt battery, the other end to the anode of the LED and the cathode of the LED to the - end of the battery. The cathode is indicated by a flat on the LED adjacent to the cathode wire.

Len

ljcox said:
If you just want to make a LED light, then connect a 1k resistor to the + end of a 9 Volt battery, the other end to the anode of the LED and the cathode of the LED to the - end of the battery. The cathode is indicated by a flat on the LED adjacent to the cathode wire.

Len

Attachments

• kiss_led_circuit.png
    kiss_led_circuit.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 795
acer said:
I am a idiot at doing this kind of thing but wanted to start learning...Anyone wish to tell me how to get started on how to fix a few LED on the circuit...

Thanks in advanced

Sorry Guys... I really am a nuts in this...

Here is my plan... I intend to sholder the LED onto the circuit just like the picture below... But just don't know what to buy and how to sholder it.... :?: :?:

Attachments

• untitled1234.jpg
    untitled1234.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 783
Come on, try to make it as elaborate as u can, giving as much information as possible..

LEDs

Why is it that so few posters elect to fill in a little background in their profiles?

Acer, we have no idea whatsoever what you are trying to accomplish. Since you decided not to reveal anything about where you are located or what your interests or background is, we have no idea how to help you.

If you are in the United States or Canada, I might suggest that you go to a Radio Shack store and buy their basic Forrest Mims' notebook on opto-electronic components and applications (they are cheap, but not very available anymore) and suggest that you study a little, then ask a question we can understand.

Wherever you are, you can access some LED spec sheets and app. notes on the web and see how LEDs are applied.

If you are asking about how to solder, google "soldering," and you will get almost 2 million items, the first few of which are excellent tutorials on soldering procedures and techniques.

Put yourself in the position of someone who does not already know what you are trying to do and imagine how we can decipher anything from your illustration of a rectangle with a bunch of circles and ovals in it. This has nothing to do with your stated low level of understanding of electronics, which we are all interested in helping you with. It has to do with basic communications.

Don't be discouraged by our bafflement. Just try to explain yourself.

awright

Re: LEDs

awright said:
Why is it that so few posters elect to fill in a little background in their profiles?

Acer, we have no idea whatsoever what you are trying to accomplish. Since you decided not to reveal anything about where you are located or what your interests or background is, we have no idea how to help you.

If you are in the United States or Canada, I might suggest that you go to a Radio Shack store and buy their basic Forrest Mims' notebook on opto-electronic components and applications (they are cheap, but not very available anymore) and suggest that you study a little, then ask a question we can understand.

Wherever you are, you can access some LED spec sheets and app. notes on the web and see how LEDs are applied.

If you are asking about how to solder, google "soldering," and you will get almost 2 million items, the first few of which are excellent tutorials on soldering procedures and techniques.

Put yourself in the position of someone who does not already know what you are trying to do and imagine how we can decipher anything from your illustration of a rectangle with a bunch of circles and ovals in it. This has nothing to do with your stated low level of understanding of electronics, which we are all interested in helping you with. It has to do with basic communications.

awright

Ok Sorry Guys... Let's say i would like to have a long light bulb but it is in LED ... Something like the Mitsubishi Grandis tail light... But of course small LED bulbs... So how should i go about doing it....

I hope this is more understandable

Re: LEDs

awright said:

awright

Ok Sorry Guys... Let's say i would like to have a long light bulb but it is in LED ... Something like the Mitsubishi Grandis tail light... But of course small LED bulbs... So how should i go about doing it....

I hope this is more understandable

ljcox said:

It's pretty much all there...

Million dollar questions:

1. how many leds?
2. same or different colors, what color?
3. battery drive (+12V or not) or from AC power adaptor?

Without answer to these no more suggestion is possible.

Hey hey, we're getting closer!

I guess he wants to make (mold) some kind of clear plastic case to fit the LED in...
Something like this one. I took it out of a dead artificial candle. its a flashing LED in an red plastic case...

Attachments

• candle_led.jpg
    candle_led.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 724
eblc1388 said:
Million dollar questions:

1. how many leds?
2. same or different colors, what color?
3. battery drive (+12V or not) or from AC power adaptor?

Without answer to these no more suggestion is possible.

Erm... As many LED as possible...Around 60...
Different Colours...
From AC power adaptor

drrogla said:
I guess he wants to make (mold) some kind of clear plastic case to fit the LED in...
Something like this one. I took it out of a dead artificial candle. its a flashing LED in an red plastic case...

Yes ... But it is in a long plastic case....

LEDs

OK. I think I get it. We're following a dead fish being dragged on a string by this guy.

I can't believe that anyone who wants to learn about application of LEDs could be so dense about letting us know what he wants to do.

I'm outa here.

awright

Next he will ask for the LEDs to flash their colors in frequency bands of the music like a color organ.
Or for the LEDs to flash really brightly like a strobe light.
Or to continue lighting brightly all night long when the mains fails.
:lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back