Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED brightness, how to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac-ca

heyo,

I'm looking for a way to control the brightness of led's without using a rotary switch :eek:

i've only got 5 led's so power restrictions shouldnt be to much of an issue..

I want to control the brightness from dim (near off) to fully bright

How would you like to control them? Using five pots'? A selector switch and a single pot'? Five sets of <up> <down> push button switches?

Mike

This can be done with 2 OpAmps a few resistor a capacitor (and a switching transistor for bigger powers)

The first OpAmp is a sawtooth generator and the second is just a comparator with an adjustable trigger level. This can be done with a potentiometer or what ever you want to use for variable voltage control.

I have an eagle schematic here somewhere for a RGB-controller that works that way, if you want it, I can upload it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back