Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

led board

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary18

Hi all, i have made a few led boards and i now would like to if possible make an led board that would turn its self on when it gets dark and goes off when its light is there some kind of sensor i need in order to make this work

Thanks Gary

solar powered garden lights.:)

i will be powering it through the mains is there a sensor i can take out of one i dont think i have any

Hi all, i have made a few led boards and i now would like to if possible make an led board that would turn its self on when it gets dark and goes off when its light is there some kind of sensor i need in order to make this work

Thanks Gary

I think, you can use an LDR(light dependent resistor) circuit to sense the light and switch the LED lights.

I believe he wants to make an LED night light that plugs in to a wall outlet.

no iv got very limited experience i have made 2 led boards but i just switch them off and on

Don't play with mains as it can be lethal. The good news is LEDs are low voltage devices so you could use an AC adapter to bring the mains down to safe levels.

hi, thanks for the help guys and im not playing about with the mains the leds run off 12 transformer, i still dont quite understand as i always use 12v dc tranfrormers i was told that ac would not work :confused:

Good thing its the Christmas season... Look around, you should find a device that turns on your lights at night, and very cheap... Just make sure it's the simplest one, there also some with timers, some withe remote controls.

Could also search here or the web for a dark activated switch. Not sure about a 12 volt version, but remember lower voltage.

yeh i have an old night light that uses some kind of sensor the only problem its 240v so dont know if that would work at 12v any ideas ?

Last edited:
hi, thanks for the help guys and im not playing about with the mains the leds run off 12 transformer, i still dont quite understand as i always use 12v dc tranfrormers i was told that ac would not work :confused:

Transformer out put is AC only. Are you connecting the LEDs to transformer directly? How many LEDs are connected in series?

hi yes i made the boards my self a frend told me how to do it eg resistors ect and i have a pic of how iv done it if you would like me to post them it was my first one so i know iv probably done it badly but it works
also for got to add yes thats the info on the power supply

Last edited:
hi yes i made the boards my self a frend told me how to do it eg resistors ect and i have a pic of how iv done it if you would like me to post them it was my first one so i know iv probably done it badly but it works
also for got to add yes thats the info on the power supply

I presume that you use a DC power supply for driving the LEDs and want to switch ON/OFF automatically by sensing the light (please post diagram, if available). Will try to get one circuit for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back