Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED Blinker

Status
Not open for further replies.
They make LEDs with the flash circuit built in, and its usually about 2 Hz... half a second per flash, can't get less parts then that.

wmmullaney said:
Hello, I want to build a 1 led flasher NOT using a 555 or 556. I need it to flash about every half second or so. I want the least components possable.:eek:

I'm presuming you also don't want to use a small microcontroller.

Google for "2 transistor flasher". You should find lots of examples.

Torben

Check on RadioShack, they have blinking LED's, whites, red and green.
I once bought some, they work fine.

HarveyH42 said:
They make LEDs with the flash circuit built in, and its usually about 2 Hz... half a second per flash, can't get less parts then that.

Hehe. Yep, that would win the part count race for sure.

Torben

wmmullaney said:
OK, thanks. I DON't want a micocontroller. How do i generate a 2 htz signal?

Do you need this thing to flash briefly every half second, or do you need it to go on for half a second, off for half a second, etc?

Torben

i know how to make one with 1 transistor... PM me for more info(i'm going to upload the pic now xD)

Thanks, but I just found a 4 part flasher. (see Will This Schematic Work?)
What's wrong with an LED with a built in flash circuit?

Only two parts: the LED and resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back