Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED backlighting on Dinovo Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

scutzi128

Hi all,

I had a tiny project in mind involving my Dinovo mini htpc keyboard. Basically I do not like the way the backlighting works on it. As soon as you touch the touch pad the lighting on the main keys turns off and the lighting around the touchpad stays on. Once a key on the keypad is pressed however the lights come back on. I guess this is to save battery but I am not concerned with that. This is a serious flaw imo as it makes the backlighting of the keys a lot less practical.

However I had an idea where I could use a small relay, activated by the touchpad lights connected to the input on the keyboard panel. This would activate the keyboard lights whenever the touchpad lights were on which is exactly what I want. I figured I could get the power for the leds on the keypad directly from the battery and just use resistors to step down the voltage to what I need. I know this sounds like a barbaric approach to this but I don’t have any other ideas on what else could work.

I would really appreciate some help on this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back