Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED and Transformers question

Status
Not open for further replies.

computer

Hi,

I'm thinking about creating some LED Floods as on www.bigclive.com

I have drawn a new PCB file up from the controller he has designed (the layout is available as a TIF on his site and I've attached a copy below) and made it as small as possible. I've done this without affecting anything although two of the connections are swapped from the original design.

I've attached it and if possible can someone verify the design looks ok.

I'm also wanting to know whether it'd be safe/possible to power this from a standard 240v -> 12v halogen light transformer, such as this. I can rectify it or put a few components in if needed.

Also, he mentions Aligent POP LEDs for the RGB LEDs. Anyone know where I could purchase these in quantities of about 100 of each?

Thanks,
computer

Attachments

• newrgb.tif
    92.4 KB · Views: 377
  • pcb_small_662.jpg
    pcb_small_662.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 317
I can't see any glaringly obvious errors - you seem to have switched the position of the LED and its series resistor (electrically speaking), not that that really matters.

"I'm also wanting to know whether it'd be safe/possible to power this from a standard 240v -> 12v halogen light transformer, such as this. I can rectify it or put a few components in if needed. "

As You see, the minimum load 20W, with smaller load doesn't started.
The output is 50...150kHz rectangular, so need schottky rectifier and low ESR cap.
I mean, the cheap wallwart adaptor quite enough for this cct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back