Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LDR Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell us the part number of your opamp and I will show you in its datasheet where it shows its max output low voltage.

The lousy old 741 opamp is still popular. On the datasheet for the MC1741 (single 741 opamp) and MC1458 (dual 741 opamp) it shows a max output low voltage that is 4V above the negative supply voltage and shows a graph of the typical output low voltage of 2V above the negative supply voltage.

Mine is TL081

Texas Instruments invented the TL081 so their datasheet has more information than other manufacturers who simply copy it.
They show the max output voltage with different supply voltages, different load resistors and different temperatures.
You didn't say your supply voltage but if it is 12V then the graph in the datasheet shows a typical output low voltage that is 1V above the negative supply if the load is 10k ohms or more. It could be as high as 3V if the supply is 30V.

Attachments

• TL081 output voltage.PNG
    TL081 output voltage.PNG
    43.4 KB · Views: 264
Alright, thanks. I'm still a little confused. I think I need to learn how to read those charts and relate them to real world application a little better.

But again, thanks for the help.

The graph on the right side shows that with a plus and minus 6V supply (12V total) and a 10k load, the output typically goes down to 1V above the -6V supply which is ground in your circuit. Some are slightly better and some are much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back