Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LDR question

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-3-2-4

I just wanted to know I have a LDR connected to an LED driver... works fine but the issue is it takes so much light to shut them off.. If I turn on my kitchen light which is a 2 tube florescent they don't shut or dim off..

Facing the LDR at the LED will dim them as well as hitting the LDR with my flashlight.. I'm using a Luxdrive buckpuck and I want to know how can I make it more sensitive to light changes?

having said that what difference does a larger LDR surface make? I've seen some say they have a 1' face but does that mean it's more sensitive?

No schematic since it's prebuilt from Lux drive I was just asking getting a larger LDR 1" in diameter mean it will be more sensitive to light?

my current one is only 6.9mm .27" big

like turning on 2 32W florescent tubes is not enough to turn it off or dim it.

Hmm does it have to be a certain type?

From 6 Ft away shinning a flashlight at the sensor still wont turn it off and this is behind a x3 lens

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back