Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCDTV - LG Power Supply replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

X3msnake

Greetings

I have a dead PS from a LG and I ordered a new one

Turns out that the new PS has all the same connectors altho it is a different Part and a slightly different layout (only the final Letter Changes to E instead of A)

It is the closest one that is available in the market atm

The specs goes like this:

A Type - (6871TPT281A dead original)

AC INPUT: 100-240 Vac 50-60Hz 1A
DC OUTPUT: +5.1V/2.0A max ; +15V/0.6A max
800Vac/8.5mA Max

E Type - (6871TPT281E New Part)

AC INPUT: 100-240V 1A 50-60Hz
DC OUTPUT: +5.0V/2.0A max; +15.0V/0.2A max

Will the difference in Amps on the 15V be able to do some harm to the the Power Board?

Sorry for the basic question

Best regards in advance,
V.

Last edited:
If the power supply is designed properly it shouldn't be able to harm anything, it just won't work. the .2A max on the new unit compared to the .6A on the old one is a bit alarming though. The problem may stem from the newer power supply being meant for a newer model of the TV that didn't have such a high current requirements on the 15V side, or that the original power supply was over engineered. In the former case if the power supply will go into over current shutdown, in the later everything will work fine. The power supply should be fine either way, one way it works, the other it doesn't.

Personally I'd try it, but I'm not the one with property and a purchased power supply on the line so it's all up to you.

Thanks for your Reply

I guess that in the long run if we are talking about the first case the PS will probably heat up and even if it dosen't shut down Most probably it will be problematic in the long run.

Just in case I'll call the supplier tomorrow to make sure they don't have another model with similar specs since I am lead to Believe that the A model was discontinued.

If in fact there is no other PS available I guess i'll take my chances and at least i'll be warned for eventual consequences down the road.

Sounds like the best you can do. Good luck. Post results =) I hope things go well for you.

If you have the resources to measure the (+15V) current consumption, it would give you some peace of mind.

If you have the resources to measure the (+15V) current consumption, it would give you some peace of mind.

I wouldn't know were to start :S nor what kind of contraption I would have to cook in order to do that, so I don't think that is really an option :)

Besides I guess I would have to power up the LCD for that and that would mean taking the chance on powering up the PS Board.

The new PSU is missing the 800VAC which is presumably required for the backlight.

The new PSU is missing the 800VAC which is presumably required for the backlight.

Actually I think there is something there, I remember there is something there stating 1000 and something at 8A value.

Gonna check it when I get home from work .

UPDATE: I got some reply from the supplier, apparently it is as Sceadwian pointed, their records say the boards A and E are the same, therefore the A is probably a old version that was Over engineered.

Anyway I feel much more confident in turning it on. I'll do that as soon as I get home.

I'll try posting some pictures and manual links for future reference. It was kind of hard to find info on this particular LG model, hopefully it will be of some help to others ;)

TTYL

Last edited:
Solved

Greetings friends

It is solved.

The Power Supply is working and the LCD is alive again and with good health.

I'll post here some pics and the link to the repair manual I used in this repair for future reference.

Thank you all for your support!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back