Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamir1

Hi guyz is there any way to change the line of lcd by sending some data i want to change the line via ascii coe not by sending the cursor position command please reply

i mean i want to write in first line then in 2nd line but i want to change the line using a an ascii code not a command such as we can give space by using an ascii code 20h the same way i want to change the line using an ascii code can it be done?

No!! I'f you are talking about a alphanumeric screen then the address is 0x80 for the top and 0xC0 for the bottom ( assuming a 16x2 ) If you however keep writing blanks it will eventually start writing on the second line..

What's the problem with sending a command character first?

actually i want to send data again and again i want to use dptr register for that i want to send all the data with one routine but it is only possible when i can change the line with ascii code not with command is there any way out?

ONE MORE thing im currently trying to make a program for a hardware actually its controller is burnt i have to control 20 inputs through opto coupler since input is of 24V coupler is changing level to 5V for uC but the problem is the hardware of coupler is ihave mentioned in the picture the collector is directly connected to port and because of that there is always 0V on the pin so how can i detect the input via controller ??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 182
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back