Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD tv repair help. Mainboard ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtyb15

Hi all, i posted a few days ago about a VISCO 32" lcd power supply board that was not working. I finally tracked it down to a small 12V regulator on the primary side, and is currently working as it should. I put back into tv thinking id have a working tv once again, but it still wont turn on. The power supply has a remote pin and i can manually turn it on by applying 5 volts to the pin (which should happen when the power button is pressed on the tv and does not), but it only turns on the backlights, i dont get any menu funtions ect... Im assuming something is wrong on the mainboard, but dont even know where to begin, are there common failures on the mainboard that would cause symptoms like this? Any suggestions, or should i try and find a doner tv... :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back