Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lcd TV Inverter balance board repair question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill40

I am trying to repair an LCD TV - Apex LD4688T inverter balance board because the part is not avail. They sell the inverter but not the so called balance board. They do however sell the capacitors to repair the original board in which I do not have. The board looks simple with only these capacitors on it. It has one two wire connector that goes to all of the capacitors and then the bulbs. Any help on how to go about hooking these capacitors up would be greatly appreciated .

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    545.9 KB · Views: 397
  • 2013-07-04_13-28-16_764.jpg
    2013-07-04_13-28-16_764.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 401
  • 2013-07-04_13-31-38_845.jpg
    2013-07-04_13-31-38_845.jpg
    925.7 KB · Views: 427
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 376
Welcome to the forum.
This post would be more in place on the repairing electronics section.
Are you saying you dont have the balance board?, if not you might be able to suss out what goes where from a schematic in the service manual.
If you hav ethe board its a simple job to desolder the caps and replace them.

Ok I will post this in the other section. No I don't have the balance board just an online image of it (lower right image in post above) and there is no service manual or diagrams that I can find. The original board was lost by the repair man that diagnosed it , he could not locate the part either.

Thanks but it's not avail. Thats what the whole problem is. And if you look at the picture of it it just shows nothing but those capacitors which I can get.

OK then.
Looking closer at the boards image it looks like each side of the backlight tubes goes through these devices to a common connection, maybe ground, such being the case I suspect that they are mov varistors not caps, probably so if 1 or more backlight tubes fail the devices conduct and prevent the others from becoming unbalanced current wise, hence balance board, if they definately are caps then it wouldnt make sense for them all to go to one common, you cant see the other side of the board or the connectors properly so this might not even be the way its configured.
I dont think I can offer much more assistance.

Thanks for your help guy's, this is what they sell for repair kits for these TDK 18pf 6kv High voltage Capacitors and I ordered them. I may end up as a last resort of research just taking the lcd apart and hope I don't destoy it in the process lol.

OK so they are caps.
I just routed through some of my scrap stock, found a couple of hv generator boards but no balance ones, if I had one then I migh thave been able to see how they are connected.
I wouldnt take apart the lcd, but then whats to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back