Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD to display multiple inputs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian B

I'm desperately trying to find a way of displaying the following 4 parameters on an LCD display: 2 sets of voltage (both DC and AC), temperature and current.
The LCD display i was thinking of using is the Matrix Orbital model MOP-AL204A-BBTR. I've attached the spec sheet.
I've been told i need to use a pic controller and some software to program it. The thing is, once programmed, the screen will be fitted to an enclosure so it needs to be effectively standalone (not connected to a pc)
Can anyone help :eek:

Many thanks
Adrian

Attachments

• MOP-AL204A-E.pdf
    788.3 KB · Views: 274
You did not state where the values were from. I will assume sensors.

This is what the system has to do.

The PIC reads the parameters from sensors.

The PIC displays the read parameters on the LCD.
The PIC is programmed once. After programming the PIC does not have to be connected to a PC to operate.

3v0

You did not state where the values were from. I will assume sensors.

This is what the system has to do.

The PIC reads the parameters from sensors.

The PIC displays the read parameters on the LCD.
The PIC is programmed once. After programming the PIC does not have to be connected to a PC to operate.

3v0

Thanks very much for the info 3v0. Yes, the values are from sensors, at least for the temperatures, but i'm unsure as to how to wire the voltage/current inputs as they are UK mains (240Ac). I'm guessing i'll probably use a serial display, as i read somewhere that it's easier to use than parallel.
Sorry, one other question. Could you recommend a suitable PIC for the job i.e one with multiple inputs

Popular PIC choices might be the 16F877A, its replacement the 16F887 or the 18F4620 (18F Can be programmed with the SE version of Swordfish BASIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back