Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD Socket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UTMonkey

Hi All,

I have just purchase my first LCD board for tinkering.

Rather than soldering pins etc tot , are there appropiate connectors for fixing to the device so it could be easily swapped? if so, where?

Thanks

Mark

Tinkering? Like on a breadboard? I use header pins. I've got several different modules. One has a single row of 16 pins, so I just soldered the pins, plugs right in. I've got one that is a double row of 7. I used header pins for it, and made a ribbon cable with IDC sockets on each end, double row on one side, single on the other. Have a couple with weird connections, which I haven't tried to use yet.

Thanks Nigel, I have looked at your tutorials (Which I will get round to when I am a little bit more knowledgable), your LCD module uses a connector which is soldered directly to the LCD "bit".

I was hoping for a connector which didnt mean any soldering.

Regards

Mark

UTMonkey said:
Thanks Nigel, I have looked at your tutorials (Which I will get round to when I am a little bit more knowledgable), your LCD module uses a connector which is soldered directly to the LCD "bit".

I was hoping for a connector which didnt mean any soldering.

Considering there are a number of different LCD types, none of which seem to have pluggable connectors, that seems rather hopefull?.

Some types have a connector where you can solder straight pins to it, then plug that directly into a socket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back