Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lcd screen problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixman

I have a tm162acw lcd 2x16 screen

i have used nigel's tutorial 9.2 to connect the screen and hex keypad to test with.
When i start apply voltage the screen comes up blank.
I tried to adjust the contrast you can see something is there but can't read it.
After awhile the writing appears.
When you enter the code the numbers show on the second row then the screen goes
blank. I know it is not the code. I have used a 16f628a and have changed the .inc file.
I suspect that the display is faulty.
I set the lcd voltage to 0,3v as per the data sheet
any advice.

Well, if the writing appears after a while then I suspect you're pic is running at a slow clock speed. Post your code and we may be able to help.

Mike.

The 0,3v is what the data sheet tell's you to put on pin 3 (contrast).i have even tried your way with a pot.
I have a feeling it is the lcd itself.
When you start it the display does not all way come on straight away.
If i turn the pot up and down a few times then the display shows.
I will get a new one this afternoon and try it tonight.

The 0,3v is what the data sheet tell's you to put on pin 3 (contrast).i have even tried your way with a pot.

Use a pot, the contrast setting varies with temperature anyway, so it needs to be adjustable - if it could be preset to a specific voltage they wouldn't have a pin for contrast.

It was the lcd screen that was faulty.
The contrast pin had a bad connection. Clean the track a bit and soldered onto track.
All is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back