Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD ribbon connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash4g

So, The LCD connector for my iriver PMP 120 was broken whilest taking it apart;

https://tinyurl.com/c4tsd3

(there is supposed to be a brown tab that ensures the ribbon stays in place, and in contact to the connectors)

My plan is to remove all the plastic fittings off the board (which I have allready done as of 4 seconds ago) and then attach the 30 gauge wire I have to the leads and connect those to the ribbons. However I am talking about 40+ connections, and my soldering iron isnt that small to ger down and dirty with those connections...

This is tiny soldering even to me, and I have soldered very small things before (insert bad joke here?) but im just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to what to do for this ribbon connector.. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back