Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lcd problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
tunedwolf said:
I'm sure the lcd module, pic and perf board are off to the right of the page somewhere :p

pssst...the lcd module is still not being initialised....

Please check back on my coding.
do you see init_lcd();
it is the program which contains the coding that will initialise the lcd. the PIC C compiler i am using is providing the coding for the initialise the lcd. so, it save a lot of time for me.

how can we check whether the lcd module, pic and perfboard are off??? what is perfboard actually. sorry, i am just a beginner on pic programming.
thanks for your comments

Yes
now it is visible, Kimsiang85. Please add a 0.1uF cap between Vdd and Ground, close to the F877 power pins. also, try one across the pins 1&2 of the display. Generally as you don't read from the Display, they used to permanently keep in write mode, if I am correct. Nothing wrong if you want to manage it from software, perhaps.
BTW, can't you try whether you can recover earlier versions of software, as it would help to know up to what level it has worked, before the present condition. May be you may have them as backup files.
For future,it would be a good practice, to change the file name by adding another digit at the end and then save.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back