Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD multiple/repeated initialization

Status
Not open for further replies.

emman

Hi, is it ok to initialize LCD module every i attempt to display characters? my purpose is to ensure that the LCD will really display it because there are times that even after initializing and displaying few words, the LCD goes erratic but recovers when initialized again. Hope someone can help me. thanks

Thanks for your help. One scenario that I am trying to prevent is when LCD power went off then back again or simply power supply problem. Then the controller has no idea that a problem occured on the LCD then it tries to display text again but was not successful because it needed to be initialized again. Thanks

If the LCD power is going off, then the controller power should be going as well, so it will reset as it restarts, and initialise as normal.

There's no problem initialising the display everytime you use it, but you're slowing it down drastically - you should cure your problems, rather than try and bodge round them!.

Thanks Nigel. You are right that I should solve the power issue. There was also instances wherein someone tries to hold the display, then the lcd went out. but was able to recover when it was initialized again. It was an ESD issue. Re initialization would address the problem but i think you would recommend that I should address the ESD issue instead. Thanks again for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back