Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD Monitor Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimper129

Hello everybody!

I have DELL Latitude C600/C500 Laptop. I opened its monitor for some reason but when i reassembled it and turned it on, its LCD display was damaged. The problem with the display is that every 2nd pixel on each line is off. and the display is blur.

Can anybody know what happened to it and how to fix it.

Thanks

Why did you disassemble it?

It sounds like you've damaged the electrode strip that connects the display decoder ICs to the LED. You could try opening it up again and applying firm pressure to the where the flexible plastic PCB connects to the pannel.

dimper129 said:
"I opened its monitor for some reason"

Just curious ?

What ever you do don't damage anymore in the process the ribbon is easy to peel back if it is a pressure push in style.

Listen to " Hero999 " the pressure will tell you if you have a bad connector if not examine the ribbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back