Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lcd mcu

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok maybe i should explain better lol

This is the PIC: PIC16F946

What LCD would one use? How and where to get it. Those are my questions.
Those are made to drive LCD glass directly. You can buy LCD displays without a controller very cheaply (for instance). They have to be driven in a very precise way or they won't work and can actually be damaged (I think). MCUs with LCD control do that without you having to do all the work yourself.

I have a couple displays I've been meaning to play with. There's one in this picture:
**broken link removed**
Was going to do all the timing and AC output myself. Since then I bought a PIC 16F917 that has LCD capability, but still haven't got around to doing it.

Last edited:
Also, have not got around to hooking up the bare glass displays. After seeing one of Blueroom's project's, was going to hookup to an idle 16f917 debug board. This 4 digit Lumex model does static or 1/2 bias, so seemed do-able with the 16f917 in the 1/2 bias mode. Varitronix is another major manufacturer.

oh i didnt notice the right side of datasheet. It is DIP lol thanks.

Where would one go to create custom LCDs. I know that has to cost alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back