Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I got the LCD working now...
I removed the bus I was using and inserted the LCD directly into the breadboard, added some caps to the supply, rewired for 4bit operation and now it works, oh yea and I ungrounded D0-D3 (left open).. haven't figured out what was going wrong, though the caps do make a difference.. however, 8bit operation isn't working yet... I don't have the datasheets so I dont know of any way to test the LCD board (resistances between pins or test points, anything)..I was thinking maybe this lcd only works in 4-bit mode, you can see from the photo that the board is somehow different from all the other lcds I found on the net..its a silly idea..
anyways, I'm happy now... as for the code, I used this excellent piece of code written by P. Pemberton.

oh yeah, assembly is the way to go if you need real control closest to the hardware and down to usecs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back