Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lcd Interfacing With Pic-help Help Help.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm on aproject on access control and gps...i wanna interrface pic -16f873 with lcd.....i'm new to embedded programming also to lcd interfacing......i'm using hitech picc.........can anybody pls hlp me to write a program to display characters which we type thro computer key board using serial.......

the main problem i'm facing is how can i integrate a lcd to pic.....

pls help.....SOS SOS SOS.........

Download the data sheet for the LCD you're trying to use, this has all the information needed including flowcharts on how to talk to the LCD. Without knowing what LCD you're using, we can't even provide examples on how to use it.

yea its a school project and i have to submit it by march end....... 'm using is 16 pin crystalonics cdm 16216b lcd display.....can u pls hlp me.......

Last edited:
Do you have the data sheet? Did you take a look at it? If not, the first google hit for HD44780 gave me a datasheet, see: https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/LCD/HD44780.pdf
Page 23 even gives you a step by step for initializing the thing, 24 gives you the commands. You just have to send the 8-bit command in two 4-bit nibbles back to back, couldn't get much easier assuming you want 4-bit mode. Otherwise even easier in 8-bit mode, just send the 8-bit command with the appropriate clock pulses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back