Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD display interfacing with computer's database

Status
Not open for further replies.

databoy

I am creating a small LCD display that will be interfacing with the PC's database. It should read the first entry of the database and show the output on the screen. How would I do that? I can't find any relevant information to do this.

Matrix Orbital makes USB LCD displays. As for your database software well you need programming skills. Do a proof of concept before spending any money on hardware, make an 2x16 LCD emulator (possibly something that exists so try Google first) to test your database to emulated LCD software.
MatrixOrbital eCommerce - Matrix Orbital

Here's something that might give you an idea on what's involved.
https://www.electrobob.com/ego-box/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=ego-box
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Sure, lots of PIC to LCD & RS232 schematics on the net. Trick will be the PC software part.

Easier just to buy a Matrix Orbital unit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back