Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD Display Help 'ST7565R'

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobra1

Hi

I would like to use this LCD in a project due to its small size, and the RGB backlight.

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2011/02/0900766b80bf5315.pdf

I know what to do with the data pins D0-D7 and also CS1,RST,A0,WR,RD. These all go to my PIC.

The other pins, VOUT,CAP3P,CAP1N, Etc, and also pins V0-V4 i dont know what to do with them, i have found info on these being for power settings but i dont know how to connect them all up. I know they have to have capacitors connected to them but i dont know what values or what goes to what.

C86 i think is for setting wether it runs in serial or parallel mode, again from what i read C86 goes low for parallel.
P/S again not sure on.

Has anyone worked with this LCD before or anything like it?
Can anyone help me to make a full circuit for the LCD?

Also, looking at the datasheet it says that this LCD requires 9v Supply voltage, can someone confirm this as normally there only 3.3v or 5v

Last edited:
Hey did you check the data sheet for the controller (ST7565R) ? It has the V0,1,2,3 and CAP description on it and the wiring Diagram too.... Page 31/32 for cap and Page 19 for the V0 ≧V1 ≧V2 ≧V3 ≧V4 ≧Vss Part

**broken link removed**

Hope this help's a bit....

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the data sheet link, i looked at the pages you said and im even more lost now than before..

Which diagram should i use here??? it shows diagrams for 2x - 6x voltage boosters, i dont know which one i should be following, or what the values of the caps are...

The resistor divider is even worse, it shows a table showing what look to be formulas and duty cycles. Again i dont know which duty cycle i shoud be setting it up to, or the values of the resistors...

Do you know where/how to get this information??

err after looking at the data sheet, it says it has most of that built in. But the data sheet of the LCD you have says nothing about it, nor does it give you access to those pins..
The other data sheet lists the values of C1/C2 (see page 39 for c1/c2 values and guidelines) depending on how much you want to boost the voltage by ( your data sheet says 17V max so if you have a supply of 3V and boost it by 4 you would have 12V to drive the LCD) kind of like example 2 on page 38 (2) When the voltage regulator internal resistor
is not used

As for the V0,V1 resistors.. your lcd is on 1/65 duty so you can follow the items on page 19 also some one did a similar thing with that .. try this too **broken link removed**

Sorry i cant be of more help.. maybe someone who has this lcd will post something..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back