Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD display control

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikrogut

Hi

I am working on a portable unit where I want a LCD display (128x64px) and a CPU to control the display. I have found a display that I am considering using: Digi-Key display. To control this display and the whole unit I am considering a 32 bit microcontroller: Digi-Key microcontroller.
Do anyone know if I can control the display with this microcontroller? Is this the best way to control the display?

Thanks!

AVR32 is more than capable of driving that display.... I use an 8 bit micro to control these units.... It really will come down to power requirements.. Will your portable unit be running on batteries?

Yes, I will run the unit on batteries. The displays backlight uses 50 mA/3.0V I can see. The UC3 uses 512 uA/MHz when active.
I can perhaps use a 8 bit microcontroller, but I am planning to do some advanced calculations and run a bit graphics on the display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back