Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD display 20x4

Status
Not open for further replies.

1-3-2-4

So I order this display from China yellow character anyways after 2 weeks it arrives and I connect the power and I'm not sure if this is how all yellow characters look but it seems nothing like the picture?

is the polarizer the wrong way or something?

Attachments

• 20x4yellow_2..jpg
    20x4yellow_2..jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 535
  • DSC00097..JPG
    DSC00097..JPG
    903.6 KB · Views: 483
Do you have a data source that your picture is not showing?

The seller cut off the photo to make it look neater, which is the reason we don't see any connections.

I'm not sure what your talking about? I'm talking about the polarizer having said that I just opened up the display and reversed the polarizer while it's darker it's still not like the seller's photo... I might have to buy a new sheet

So I order this display from China yellow character anyways after 2 weeks it arrives and I connect the power and I'm not sure if this is how all yellow characters look but it seems nothing like the picture?

is the polarizer the wrong way or something?

hi,
Without the full set of connections to the LED pcb and the Contrast control potentiometer the LED will be lit as you have shown it.

You must connect the remainder of the pins, data and control to a PIC or MCU and a 10K pot to control the contrast of the LCD display.

EDIT:
Looking closer at your pics, it appears you are powering the LED backlight with those wires, if you dont have a series current limiting resistor you will damage the backlight leds.

Post a picture of the other face of the PCB.

Last edited:
What happens to your display when you adjust the contrast voltage across the range specified in the data sheet? I cannot see a message of any kind on the screen, is the microprocessor interface responding properly?

What happens to your display when you adjust the contrast voltage across the range specified in the data sheet? I cannot see a message of any kind on the screen, is the microprocessor interface responding properly?

hi KI6RWX,
Have you noticed also that the original LCD has only one row of connectors and the OP's appears to have a row at the top and bottom.
I think he is powering the backlight.!
Regards

my whole point was to power the backlight only... That's how I see the polarizing film is not set the correct way when the sheet comes I will put it all back together.

my whole point was to power the backlight only... That's how I see the polarizing film is not set the correct way when the sheet comes I will put it all back together.
Then you must compare it with a vendor photo with the back light powered only.

You asked us to evaluate a vendor photo in an operating configuration.

Unless you know what it should look like, it will be impossible to match what you have never seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back