Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD degree symbol with sprintf (BoostC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK you pulling my leg or serious;

Belgium beer to be exact.

Well look at the nick and I guess you can tell I used to drink allot maybe that is why I recognized it as a beer. Why did he name it Stella anyways, was he drinking it when he thought of /designed it?..lol

Stella's a drink? Never heard of it.

OK you pulling my leg or serious;

Belgium beer to be exact.

Well look at the nick and I guess you can tell I used to drink allot maybe that is why I recognized it as a beer. Why did he name it Stella anyways, was he drinking it when he thought of /designed it?..lol
OH! Stella Artois! Ya, I've drunk it. Not exactly common around here.

He names his boards after women. He has another design named Michelle.

Last edited:
Yep that is it;) Ahh, good thing I don't use that naming convention, there be about 30 names and all wouldn't work, just cost more-and-more money...lmao

-BaC

OH! Stella Artois! Ya, I've drunk it. Not exactly common around here.

He names his boards after women. He has another design named Michelle.

My SPI + 2 LCD design is practical if you have other SPI devices like EEPROM. Since the LCD is in 8bit mode you simply send the data as you would normally to the SPI port.
**broken link removed**

That actually looks like a very nice way to do it too, Bill. And much more flexible as an 8-bit latch for other tasks when you don't toggle the LCD 'E' line as you've shown with the 4x4 keypad option. Heck, you could even drive 4 digit 7 segment display (and lots of other things) with that configuration.

Way to go!

Last edited:
Very nice Bill, that is definitely going in my notes, love to free up some i/o's.

Thanks again!
-BaC

My SPI + 2 LCD design is practical if you have other SPI devices like EEPROM. Since the LCD is in 8bit mode you simply send the data as you would normally to the SPI port.
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Bill,

I was just looking at the timing diagrams for SPI and I was wondering when you would strobe the E line on the LCD?

Would you monitor the TRMT flag in the TXSTA register after sending an SPI byte to insure that all 8 bits have been streamed out and latched into the '164 before sending the E strobe signal?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back