Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD and 16f877a interface Help ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barryforever

Hello
I want to interface my 16f877a to LCd module HD44780
Im using a ccs compiler can some one send me a example program ..
so that i can try

oooooooooops. Soorrrrrrrrrrry.:eek:

It is happened that N.Goodwin's tutorial is where am I. and LCD tutorial what i am in. I've blown one LCD and the other one shows just all blocks of the second line, even the backligh is not there. checked connection many times, tried different MControllers, the result is the same. i'm stuck.

Thanks

oooooooooops. Soorrrrrrrrrrry.:eek:

It is happened that N.Goodwin's tutorial is where am I. and LCD tutorial what i am in. I've blown one LCD and the other one shows just all blocks of the second line, even the backligh is not there. checked connection many times, tried different MControllers, the result is the same. i'm stuck.

You've got to do something pretty 'nasty' to kill an LCD module, what did you do?.

The 'single line of blocks' is what you get if the LCD isn't initialised at all, unplug the PIC, you should get exactly the same result.

How have you built it?, my tutorials give exact easy construction methods, which means it WILL work if you build it like that. If you've built it differently, then you've probably made an error somewhere.

how to show on LCD

how if i wan using PIC16A84.how to connect the PIC to LCD.got any schematics if remote car detect obstacle then how i wan display word like "stop" and how to write programing in PIC.thx

Hi Nigel,

Long not read for you.

You've got to do something pretty 'nasty' to kill an LCD module, what did you do?. .

I tried to make a nice work by soldering the LCD directly into the Board, the result is two or three shorts between the pins. ( Free experience does not long last ), but after the new module test, I'll make check that again, may be I am wrong.

The 'single line of blocks' is what you get if the LCD isn't initialised at all, unplug the PIC, you should get exactly the same result. .

Yes that’s what happened exactly. I have checked my connection twice and it is OK. The only difference is my unit has back light so two more pins ( 15 and 16 ) where I've connected +5v to 15 through 1k resistor and 16 direct to Gnd.

Here is the Module information: LED Display - LCD16x2BL

How have you built it?, my tutorials give exact easy construction methods, which means it WILL work if you build it like that. If you've built it differently, then you've probably made an error somewhere.

That's what came to my mind. At the begging I've connected it to 16F628A with your correction into Include and cofig . When it did not work, I used my only one 16F628 with the original setting but got the same results.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back