Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD 2x16 alphanumeric display

Status
Not open for further replies.
technically...in all fairness...you can unsolder a capacitor FROM the character display..and use that :p

thanks

thanks a lot. i want to test an alphanumeric 16x2 LCD. does anyone knows how to test if it is functional or not? i have tried connecting pin 1 to ground,pin 2 and 3 to 5 volts. i leave pin 15 and pin 16 unconnected. I have an LCD with 16 pin and i want to know if it is damage or not.

thanks a lot. i want to test an alphanumeric 16x2 LCD. does anyone knows how to test if it is functional or not? i have tried connecting pin 1 to ground,pin 2 and 3 to 5 volts. i leave pin 15 and pin 16 unconnected. I have an LCD with 16 pin and i want to know if it is damage or not.

The LCD controller needs to be intialised, either by using an MCU or the parallel port of a PC.

Look on the web for PC port to LCD connections.:)

Interfacing the LCD module to PC parallel port: ElectroSOfts.com

Last edited:
what about PIC16f84A with 18 pins to LCD 16x2 alphanumeric interfacing? i have only PIC16f84A. maybe i should try from the basic.

i haVE A PROBLEM TOO>> is anyone done in interfacing LCD display JM1602M and KS0066U as IC driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back