Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LC Meter as a DIY Project.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolf

Has anyone here constructed this type of meter?
https://electronics-diy.com/lc_meter.php
There are several different flavors on the net, all basically of the same principle.
I think the kit is less than $60 without a case? But I am thinking of building my own and have the PCB laid out already, in a similar fashion to the picture in the link. Don't think the parts should cost over $20 because I have a few.
Would like to have some comments.

Nice
sam
Edit :When you go to the file for the PIC there is nothing there.

Also at the forum ,all links posted to the file have been deleted by Mario the administrator.
All I see are complaints about it not working.

Last edited:
Hex file.............

sam2 said:
Nice
sam
Edit :When you go to the file for the PIC there is nothing there.

If you got here: **broken link removed** you will find basically the same circuit and several versions of the code.

Rolf said:
If you got here: **broken link removed** you will find basically the same circuit and several versions of the code.

Thanks ROLF, that site is great.
The other site seemed to have a high sleeze factor!
sam

LC Meter Ver.II

Rolf said:
Has anyone here constructed this type of meter?
http://electronics-diy.com/lc_meter.php
There are several different flavors on the net, all basically of the same principle.
I think the kit is less than $60 without a case? But I am thinking of building my own and have the PCB laid out already, in a similar fashion to the picture in the link. Don't think the parts should cost over $20 because I have a few.
Would like to have some comments.

This latest version uses only one IC, a PIC 16F628
**broken link removed**
I am in the final stages of building one and was wondering if anyone else here have build one.

The best one appears, with a test report and a good resolution, L/C meter II B from www.aade.com

Mr.Neil, the site owner, supplies the item as kit as well as assembled and tested piece.
The version mentioned by Rolf in the post just above, is re-designed by Mr.Phil Rice, enthused by the philosophy from www.aade.com as mentioned on their website. Here of course, he has tactically used the Analog section inside 16F628A. At the outset an LM311 is not costly.

Last edited:
The link in mvs sarma's post is this one and I've spoken (via email) with the fellow that made it, looks good to me and on my list of things to build.
**broken link removed**

blueroomelectronics said:
The link in mvs sarma's post is this one and I've spoken (via email) with the fellow that made it, looks good to me and on my list of things to build.

Mr.Bill, I remember, you are first to introduce it to me. I am also attracted by it. It is an open project and just not a kit with software under copyrights, and with code lock. The specification is not to a minimum of 1nH, though. I feel the oscillator portion around the comparator and the associated circuitry may be to be tightly laid out in the artwork to get a better result. Perhaps I would try another layout, to gain experience.

HI,
Sorry for my bed englisch. I´m new to this forum :D. I´ve looked for making a diy LC meter like the one in electonics-diy but I can´t finde the code for the PIC on there web. I looked the links that you have posdted but they didn´t work. It´s possible someone ot help me with the code or if nessery with both the code and the circuit? Also you can mail me at cercem at yahoo.com.
Thanks in advanse for your help.

Thats an old thread you revived.

I have built the meter as per post #7 during the summer, it works really well considering I've used electrolytic capacitors and built the circuit on veroboard.
If your building the same version I can upload you the code, I dont know if I have it on pc still, but I'll unplug the chip and read it with mplab if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back