Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LC Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_pay

Hi Everyone,

Can a LC circuit change the frequency of a wave?

If there is a AC voltage applied to the coil on the left at 1kHz will the coil on the right also give 1kHz?

My circuit is shown in the diagram.

Thanks

Tom

Attachments

• Coils.jpg
    Coils.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 148
Ignoring harmonics due to core saturation, the only thing that can come out of the secondary is at the same frequency as goes into the primary.

That is not a coil, it is a transformer. Unless you are trying to resonate with the large magnetizing inductance of the transformer, there is no LC circuit, only a C circuit with a transformer.

Hi

What are core saturation harmonics? Are they eddy currents? Can these harmonics change the secondary frequency?

I tried to find a coil in the schematic program, but all I could find was a transformer. Sorry!!

Tom

Can a LC circuit change the frequency of a wave?

Yes, with the correct approach. However, as has already been mentioned, not with the method you proposed.

An unbalanced passive frequency doubler or tripler can be built with acceptable conversion loss to avoid the necessity of baluns. The basic blocks of the circuit are an impedance matching network (LC), the diodes and an appropriate LC bandpass filter matched to the desired output impedance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back