Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LC Circuit Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevorP

Hey everyone I'm just having a bit of trouble understanding a basic LC circuit.

It is just a Capacitor and an Inductor in a loop...no battery or anything.

Now I'm told that there is a Frequency of Oscillation of 200kHz. So I got that there is then a period of 5 microseconds. Am I right in assuming that if at time zero the top plate of the capacitor is fully charged, then at 5 microseconds it is fully charged yet again?

Also would all of the energy of the circuit then be in the capacitor at that time?

My answer for both is yes. Simply because if all the energy initially resides in the Capacitor as charge then when the charge is maximum it must mean all the energy is back in the capacitor.

Ok I got the problem. It appears that my assumptions were correct but that I was wrong slightly about a different part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back